A simple to use, economical backup solution that includes the hardware and software for a “one purchase backup solution”.
How does it work?
- Purchase a Western Digital My Passport Ultra Drive locally or from an online vendor.
Manufacturer’s direct link: https://www.wdc.com/products/portable-storage/my-passport-ultra-new.html
- Plug the external hard drive into your computer with the included USB cable.
- Install WD Backup. Open up “My Computer” or “My PC”, find and click the new WD drive, and double-click the “WD Apps Setup” file that appears.
Alternatively, you can download “WD Backup” from here: http://support.wdc.com/product.aspx?ID=232&lang=en#WD_downloads and unzip the file into a folder that double click the .exe file to install. It works like a charm.
- After installation, double click the “WD Backup” icon that appears on your desktop.
- Follow the instructions that come with your drive to create a backup of your important files.
The WD Backup software can perform backups on a schedule, however, we recommend after a successful backup, to disconnect your USB drive and only reconnect the drive when another backup is done. This is done to maximize the safety of your files from encryption viruses.
A backup may take just a few minutes or several hours to finish depending on how many files you have.
- Mapping Network Drive Over the Internet using Synology NAS with WebDAV - December 3, 2018
- Amazon Assistant Virus Removal – Updated October 2017 - October 4, 2017
- Mac Virus Removal – Updated October 2017 - September 29, 2017