Dangerous W-2 Phishing Scam targets schools, restaurants, hospitals, and other large groups.
How? Crooks doctor emails to make the messages look like they’re coming from an organization’s executive.
Sending the phishing messages to employees in payroll or human resources departments, the criminals request a list of all employees and their W-2 forms.
So how do you avoid this scam?
One of the best solutions is to use security software that will block malware (not just viruses!) that also blocks risky web links and blocks phishing sites.
- Home Users: Consider Sophos Home.
- Home and Business Users: Consider Emsisoft. Want a great price and professional setup? Get Emsisoft Anti-Malware professional setup.
- Home Users: Consider using Cisco’s OpenDNS along with one of the solutions above. This offers an additional layer of protection (not to mention usually slightly faster surfing).
For additional security layers, please contact us and we’ll be glad to help with your unique setup.
- Mapping Network Drive Over the Internet using Synology NAS with WebDAV - December 3, 2018
- Amazon Assistant Virus Removal – Updated October 2017 - October 4, 2017
- Mac Virus Removal – Updated October 2017 - September 29, 2017